20.1.08

New! With extra added fibre!


First of all thank you to all you readers who shared in my Careless Whisper pain.

Those of you who expressed concern for my welfare can now rest assured that it
has abated, and those of you who swore to hunt me down if and poke sharp things in my eyes if after reading my post you were similarly infected with the GM* virus, know that my number is unlisted and I intend to move to Guatemala just as soon as I've pressed Publish.

Now..on to the next thrilling housework installment. No, no music this time, just dust bunnies.

Lots of dust bunnies.

Seriously, the dust bunny situation around here is getting out of control.

I'm thinking that combined with the amount of yarn ends and model making materials lying around the crevices, this spanking-new injection of bumper material courtes
y of Harper's constantly-shedding undercoat, I could start my own Universe via the matter accretion theory (brought to my attention by Bill Bryson in his A Short History of Nearly Everything) which is pretty much the opposite of the Big Bang Theory.
If I just stop cleaning them up, pretty soon (and by pretty soon I mean in a few billion years) I might just have my own system of planets right here in my very own house!

Yesterday afternoon we went for a walk along the river in the rain and afterwards, Harper chose to wipe herself dry on the walls and cupboards so now we have a shaggy red dado line as a delightful addition to our decor.

Oh Harper, it's a good thing you're so cute.

Country girl's first visit to the beach


I'm managing to squeeze in some knitting, in between fur collection of course.

Not Quite Straight Scarf by Nicole Hindes. A very simple and clever pattern and it seemed an immediate match for my Filatura di Crosa Millefili Fine cotton.


clicken to em-biggen

The pewter-like sheen of the yarn certainly does lend itself to the corrugations of stocking stitch and reverse stocking stitch and I'm also liking the chain mail feel of it; just the thing for my new Joan of Arc look. I can team it with this

Very early suit of women's armour.
Detail of a scan of a (very poor) photocopy from my archives.


But the truth of it is I'm just getting bored with it.
I feel I have fallen into a sort of knitting ennui.
Maybe I've just got me a hankerin' for some chunky, plump, colourful merino on my needles.
Something heavy.
With cables.
In the middle of a Sydney January.
Yep.
That'll do it.


* That's George Michael, not genetically modified.















3 Comments:

Blogger shula said...

Dust bunnies? Pshaw.

Try the dust godzillas we get here, with the coated bear who displays a charming disregard for domestic standards.

I'd be considering a Universe factory...

I've been thinking lately that living in squalor is just part and parcel of dog ownership.

Sigh.

20 January 2008 at 4:54 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

As usual, your post delights. If I lived closer, I would make us Cosmopolitans and we would sit and knit and laugh at the dust bunnies...which, unless they're the size of your head, I wouldn't worry about.

Oh, and that armor? Are you sure it isn't a photo from Corset Fetishists Journal?

21 January 2008 at 12:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the last week I've had that damn Dunlop Volley advert - you know the one where he fart claps his hands to classical music greats (oh so fun! hilarity! the socks!) in my head. Give me George anyday.

The cats are fighting again - so we have clumpy fur patches on the timber floors. I'm sure I can needle felt them together.

22 January 2008 at 12:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home