5.12.07

wednesday : day of the vessel


white blown glass


It undulates, or does it ululate ? This is a fabulous new word I've picked up a
nd intend to use as much as possible from now on. I could look it up in the dictionary I suppose, but I don't want my Pollyanna-ish notions about it dashed just yet, thank you.

Also thank you everyone who left such nice comments on my last post about connections past.
I'm glad others find some resonance, inspiration or diversion from my
observations.
Thing is, for some reason I just couldn't get it together to do a decent bit of writing that would do the whole experience justice. But it was a long overdue post, and sometimes you just have to get it out there even if it is half-baked.

So ... my itch about wanting to knit nothing but mile upon mile of plain stocking stitch after the cable-ing contractions of Clessidra?

mimosa blocking


Let's call it well and truly scratched.

Finally, Al poked* me for a meme. Ordinarily I'd say I've already done two of these, surely there's no more to be dredged?! But strangely I'm in the mood to do this one, with a few modifications : I'll share one fact per post (since 'weird' is such a subjective term, I'll ignore that one, but random? I am always up for random), starting from next post.

I tag Eero, because I know she likes it, and anyone else who just can't stifle the urge to share, please consider yourself tagged.

The "Rules" :
Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself (random or weird) on your blog.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.


*Wait! That's the wrong verb, silly! That's facebook! I'm getting my version 2.0 terminology confused!












2 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

vessel is beautiful - very ululatery.

Don't blame you for wanting a bit of st st action after Clessidra, I'd be in the corner rocking!

Sorry, gotta go - someone's Catholic School Vampire is apparently attacking my Vampire Bride...

I really hate it when that happens.

5 December 2007 at 8:23 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

oh exciting about the mimosa.

and i have the same thing. sometimes think oh yes give me miles of stockinette and after a few inches it's like what was i thinking? but you perserved.

8 December 2007 at 2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home