21.5.07

Cinematic Knits V

Stepford Wives - the 2004 remake, starring the increasingly oddly-nosed Nicole (who incidentally went to the same highschool as me ...bugger! that couldn't been one of my Random Facts. Oh well, let's make it Random Fact #8).

In an otherwise formulaic and
very broad bru
shstroke style of film, there are two saving graces (make that three: Glenn Close pretty much eats the scenery in this one).

Firstly, on black-


Walter Kresby:
"Only castrating Manhattan career bitches wear black. Is that what you want to be"?

Joanna Eberhart: "Ever since I was a little girl".


Secondly, this pretty cool knit.
click to enlarge

Is it a scarf? Is it a cape? A scape? A carpf?
Whatever it is it's very drapey yarn. And the colour? Nice.

I'm so glad I tagged Charlotte, have you seen her response? It's this very charming photographic essay, go check it out.

Remaining tagees:
Shula,
Loraine, Martha*, Fee, Girlprinter and the Eminently Taggable Eero!





7 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

was nicole there when you were? (i have no idea how young / old she is so no insults intended).

21 May 2007 at 8:25 pm  
Blogger Loraine said...

It looks like you already know 1 thing about me...;)
I'll be more than happy to give you 7 other random things...just not on my blog.Hey and thanks for saying something nice about my prints !

21 May 2007 at 9:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of drooled over that scarf/cape/wrap thingo too, and had been thinking, hmmm, that would be easy to make, surely?

There's nothing wrong with wearing black.

21 May 2007 at 10:12 pm  
Blogger Loraine said...

There's a black hole here somewhere,my posts keep on disappearing
(cough cough) as i was saying...you already now 1 random thing about me...
if you want 7 random things i'll give them , just not on my blog.

22 May 2007 at 2:48 am  
Blogger Di said...

clearly Walter Kresby hasn't been to Melbounrne...
I agree- very nice, relaxed scarpe thingo.... someone needs to make up a pattern (shall we hassle Al to?!)

23 May 2007 at 7:54 am  
Blogger Madge said...

A carpf. Hahaha. I'm going with that one.

24 May 2007 at 11:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your cinematic knits posts! thanks for doing them.

have you seen the sweater worn by one of the teachers in Finding Forrester? at least i think that's the movie the sweater was in, it's been years since i've seen the movie.

anyway the sweater is kind of greeny mud colored and has endlessly long frayed at the end sleeves. i know it sounds beyond ugly but i think the sweater looks great on the actress.

26 May 2007 at 3:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home