29.1.08

(lengthen) or shorten here


Black Mimosa is shaping up to be a satisfying finished garment, soon.

I'm almost at the end of a marathon of finishing.
Or is that more of a long jump?

Well it's certainly not a discus throw, I know that much.
But it's a pleasant phase of marathon finishing; I've cleared the slate clean of not only work, but work detritus and so now I have a nice clear desk to really spread out without colliding with bits of work-related crap barging into my mental space as well as physical space.
And I'm learning some new skills along the way and it's it's not going disastrously wrong.
Unlike the gigantor hat I knitted up over the long weekend, but that's another story.

I'm also itching to get started on a few sewn garments and ploughing through my stash of black cotton jersey, voile and denim. Some simple silhouette shapes with a
soupçon of detailing.

Black Mimosa is actually black with a pale umber trim and not navy with a mid blue one like it appears in the photos...tungsten lighting does make everything appear very cool.



4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Heh--I was absolutely convinced it was navy.

29 January 2008 at 2:36 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

can't wait to see this finished!

and that clear desk sounds heavenly.

enjoy!

29 January 2008 at 9:22 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

oh a clean desk, an almost FO - can i spell envious?

looking forward to seeing your Black Mimosa, i love this pattern.

2 February 2008 at 2:47 pm  
Blogger MWM said...

Your posts always send me to dictionary.com. This is what the american heritage dictionary says about soupcon:
soup·çon (sōōp-sôɴ', sōōp'sŏn')
n. A very small amount; a trace: not a soupçon of mercy.
I have to say that I think I prefer the word trace, although soupcon is way more sophisticated.
(I like that they have a little button you can click to hear the pronunciation:)
You should post more often -I need to get smarter.
xo

3 February 2008 at 9:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home