21.9.07

The post.


You could be forgiven for thinking I have a laissez faire attitude towards my blogging commitments.

Blithely ignoring the needs of faithful subscribers who are holding their collective breath, hanging on to find out just how many more thrilling centimetres of Clessidra I've produced!, to hear of the latest spine-tingling adventure in the dog park!!, to access the riveting insights into the minutiae of my world!!!. Any old twaddle that randomly pops out of my consciousness in the last few hours will do!!!!

"My readers, my readers! I have an obligation to my readers"! I think as I leap out of bed and frenziedly write, still in PJs, an inspired, provocative and brilliant post to much relief and acclaim

Or not.

No, instead I give you a Flashback Friday.

Did someone say " Rabbit caught in headlights"?

circa 70

Trawling through my box of photos, it seems my parents were pretty keen on the old photo booths. I have no memory of this being taken, but I do remember the top I'm wearing.
Vividly.
It was a densely, calligraphically patterned bronze-coloured silk, with self covered buttons -very 60s-, one of my mother's old blouses ( I was a fiend for raiding my mother's old clothes) which I was obsessed with wearing to the point of refusing to take it off. I wore it backwards, as a dress, or as a smock over jeans. (I was a nascent deconstructivist and fashionista light years ahead of her time, people!)


The camera may be away being put to better use documenting Rocky Mountain High at the moment, but I still have my scanner! So I'll be mining the archives for a while, in order to bring you the latest, freshest, most verdantly obscure randomness for a while.

Happy happy joy joy!



9 Comments:

Blogger comfies said...

hilarious expression. i saw the whole strip on your flickr and it's so ADORABLE!

21 September 2007 at 3:39 pm  
Blogger Loraine said...

well that dress is quite something even in b/w the same go's for that photo booth.

21 September 2007 at 6:41 pm  
Blogger shula said...

Well I found this photo mesmerising.

Or perhaps I was just hypnotized by all the Clessidra.

22 September 2007 at 2:23 am  
Blogger Madge said...

You're my Muse.

Tom left for an out of town weekend visiting his folks, and he took the camera, too. Gah. I feel naked without it. But your solution? Perfect.

Yay for picture randomness, you deconstructivist, you.

22 September 2007 at 3:43 am  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

I love that a photo can bring back such vivid memories of favourite garments.

(and i know you've just been hanging out on Raverly, rather than blogging!!!)

;) Enjoy!

22 September 2007 at 9:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great photo! seems like you and your parents were ahead of their time...

22 September 2007 at 6:19 pm  
Blogger Erin Curry said...

oh wow I can't get over how much that photo looks like a drawing, it's beautiful. It's funny how just seeing a piece of clothing can bring back such vivid body memories.

24 September 2007 at 2:09 pm  
Blogger Charlotte said...

it's amazing how we remember the clothes isn't it. Love that top.

And aren't you cute!!

24 September 2007 at 8:03 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

I'll read any old twaddle you put up. Somehow, your "verdantly obscure randomness" always manages a certain je ne sais quoi - just the same as somehow making your mum's old clothes worn backwards work too.

25 September 2007 at 4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home