29.8.07

I blog therefore I am ?



So I haven't been blogging much.
Ever have one of those weeks [months, years, lifetimes.. Please circle appropriate choice]
where you feel like you have the Midas Touch in reverse?

I have spray paint nozzle spit issues.
I have broken two teapots.
We are reduced to preparing beverages in a chipped old one from Chinatown we usually reserve for emergencies.

Call it exhaustion induced klutziness.
Seems like almost anything I touch snaps off, combusts or just dissolves into undesired unruliness.

You know the ball of small calamities that rolls along forming one giant...well, dungball really.

photo: CSIRO


And so I am way too nervous to handle anything breakable at the moment let alone photograph it, so this week's vessel wednesday is brought to you by a perdurable source: the Conde Nast Archives! via design sponge.

photo: Hannel Cassidy. 1944


Knitting follows suit; I can't remember the last time I held yarn and sticks in my hands.
Seriously!
The one constant truth of freelancing is: that August is the crazy month and JanuaryFebruary are the quiet months. So one must make hay while the sun shines.... as they say in the classics.
And at least the sun is , in fact, actually shining.

A special shout out to Michele who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in her sleuthing out Banff yarn opportunities for me, and who incidentally also has the Habu Love and is doing some very lovely things with it.









8 Comments:

Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Dungball days! Well do I remember you... and may you never return. The only consolation I can give is that this too shall pass. Hold on!

My problem is that during those days I only break my self. Stubbed toes, bumbs on forehead, scraped knees and twisted ankles. I always come out looking like I had a major accident.

29 August 2007 at 4:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You left off d) All of the above, for which I will surely circle.

The sun will shine tomorrow too - enjoy :) [and it's the second last day of August]

29 August 2007 at 9:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the shout out. i just got home and in the next few days will do a thorough investigation of canadian yarn and send over a report for the next time you or your guy are in canada.

btw - while in montana i saw that buffalo yarn you mentioned (sorry can't remember how to spell it). one tiny ball was $70. in unappealing colors and with an odd looking texture. don't mean to slag the buffalo yarn but honestly - if going for luxury yarn i'd stick with cashmere.

30 August 2007 at 1:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i, too, can relate to reverse midas touch... and losing blogging mojo... i always enjoy your posts when you are up for it, though! hope september will give you some space.

30 August 2007 at 2:16 pm  
Blogger :: melissa :: said...

I'm hearing ya!

30 August 2007 at 4:17 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

1. Watch out for ladders, mirrors, and sharp knives.
2. Don't smoke in bed or pick up hitchhikers.
3. If I lived next door I'd drop by with scones (I make a mean coconut one with jam on the top) and my Beatrix Potter teapot to see you through this calamitous period.

Be well.

31 August 2007 at 5:27 am  
Blogger Eero said...

When I go through period of breaking things, I usually accept it as a sign that something significant is changing in my life and the broken/lost items are signs of change...as it, out with the old, in with the new.

Unfortunately for me, I don't stub my toes or sprain ankles..I tend to say stupid, awful, or strange stuff! My mouth betrays my soul-clumsy state! Yikes, it's bad....

Wishing you a brief period of busy-clumsy-change until your life takes in a new breath and you can knit a lot again!

E.

2 September 2007 at 1:57 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

The greatness of Flickr: it hadn't really even registered on me that you hadn't been blogging much, since you've got such lovely output there!

3 September 2007 at 11:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home