4.7.07

vessel wednesday


small spoons: a la Abba's Mamma Mia


Little handcarved spoons from Estonia.
I've been wanting to post these for a while because the underneath reminds me of a ship's hull or the bellies of old string instruments like this one:


Pala di S.Ambrogio (detail)


And this is what the sky looked like while I was photographing spoons.


Wild + Woolly.

Yes there is knitting going on, but it's all gift knitting and hence all happening offstage. Hopefully I'll have some FOs to show soon.


5 Comments:

Blogger shula said...

Mate, I've been thinking about wooden spoons ALL DAY.

Pschotic, I am.

6 July 2007 at 12:55 am  
Blogger amisha said...

i love these. wooden spoons are my favorite... so satisfying to hold and to use.

6 July 2007 at 4:07 am  
Blogger Madge said...

Spoons and bowls, my two favorite cooking - and eating - utensils. Nice one!

6 July 2007 at 5:09 am  
Blogger Flea-Bites said...

Your wooden spoons are wonderful. I love cooking with them and enjoy stirring my porridge with one every morning - not as beautiful as yours, though. I have the best wooden spoon which I bought in NZ _ I gave one to each of my children too and we all love the curved wooden handle which has such a great feel to it. Unfortunately mine has split because I put it in the dishwasher, and I can't remember where I bought them in NZ. I looked, last time I was there, but aouldn't find them

That sky is magnificent.

6 July 2007 at 12:09 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

Lovely, lovely spoons and sky. I've had a spoon moment lately too, but in retrospect see I should have timed it for Vessel Wed. Nonetheless, it was very satisfying

10 July 2007 at 5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home