16.6.07

more

There will be knitting content dear readers, so if you like you can scroll down over the following paragraph to get to the yarn action.

More of my laser etching arrived yesterday.
When it arrived, I thought the label apt. Not only about the stuff itself, but also alluding to my general state of mind.
Today though I'm feeling much more robust and I'm getting into it.
Which might have something to do with the the wonder of delegating.
I'm really bad at delegating.
Always have been.
But yesterday I asked my colleague to take over the detailing on a mind bendingly complex bit which frankly was doing my head in.
Seriously I was so chronically anxious about it I was waking up in the middle of the night obsessing about how I was going to ge it done.
So I just asked him.
Lo and behold he's fine with it!
Wow.
It's only taken me twelve years to learn to do that.
With some things I'm a slow learner.


So last night feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off and I could breathe again, I was tucked up in bed with gentle rain on the roof and instead of the usual barely managing to keep the lid on my anxiety, instead I was in a lovely knitting trance.
I cast on and finished the left front of the baby kimono all in one go. Heaven.
Photos tomorrow!



5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Maybe it took you twelve years to learn to delegate, but YOU LEARNED. That's a good thing. Particularly when your first try at it goes so well.

Maybe you could try it again, without waiting another twelve years.

Just a thought.

17 June 2007 at 12:08 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, sister--I so feel you. Some miht say that I have some teeny tiny, um, issues with control. Just very small ones.

Must delegate more.

17 June 2007 at 1:56 am  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Oh I'm with you on the delegation issue. Wonder if all knitters have control issues?!

18 June 2007 at 12:29 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Delegating scary things is good! And see how easy it was? Give yourself a big pat on the back.

Ooh, goodie. Baby kimono pics.

18 June 2007 at 5:10 pm  
Blogger MWM said...

I like the idea of you "tucked up" in bed knitting with the rain overhead.
sounds wonderful.

20 June 2007 at 7:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home