23.5.07

vessel wednesday: splinter of light


Yes, you've seen the one on the left before, but it did have a mango in it at the time.

Once again daydreaming at the stove making coffee and seeing this little splinter of sunlight beaming through the shelves- onto this bowl and then onto the square platters made me think: vessel wednesday.


I particularly like the way the light 'pooled' in the bowl, making the crackling in the green glaze really stand out.


Which I tried to capture but of course couldn't really.

And I mas musing on how high a proportion of the vessels in the pool are round or curvilinear, and what that might mean.

And then my coffee was ready.


3 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

mmm. Ooh it did pool. Glazes like that I find quite captivating.

23 May 2007 at 6:02 pm  
Blogger amisha said...

a lovely vessel and a beautiful shot. i love the color of that crackled glaze.

24 May 2007 at 2:47 am  
Blogger Charlotte said...

re wordpress:

Carson - they have a new thing where you have to get the latest version of wordpress 2.2 and it is SO easy !!!

I did it in about ten minutes.

Yes, it's done - final design tweaks and it shall be ready...

24 May 2007 at 10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home