20.11.06

Watcha been froggin' lately?

Me? Only everything I did at yesterday's knitting group.

Went along to a new (for me) knitting group yesterday run by Aspa aka Miss Death.
It seemed appropriate to take along Princess Morte to work on.
Just in case, I took along Gentle as well.


Well... it's clear to me now that I shouldn't take anything more ambitious than a garter stitch swatch along to a knitting group.

Honestly what with all the conversation and stimulation
( I challenge anyone to sit and knit with a large stuffed mammal of indeterminate species with some alarming wire sticking out of its bum, an even larger polystyrene Tiki head and a lifetimes supply of 16mm cult film canisters looming over your shoulder and not repeatedly lose track of where you're up to) I clearly had no idea what I was doing. Normally I'm knitting in a quiet room, solo, in an environment I'm thoroughly familiar sometimes bored with.

But...I got out my knitting last night and I swear someone else had been at it...I mean, was I even paying attention at all to the last 6 rows?

Sigh... frog those.

So to Gentle... just when I thought I'd passed my first lacemaking efforts with flying colours, Aspa raised the curly purly issue (obviously I've been in denial about that) and suggested some garter at the beginning and end of each row. And who am not to heed that advice? Aspa is an intimidatingly experienced knitter people; she was knitting a lace afghan in white yarn without even looking at it while simultaneously carrying on at least 2 conversations.

All I can say is thank goodness Aspa's mum wasn't there yesterday. Her whispered reputation makes her knitting guru status seem somewhat...fearsome.



Do I rip? Pick up stitches at the ends of the rows and work...something? (she said quite unsure of what that something might be), block a section and see what happens to it? Live with it?

Meanwhile, Scout has been frogging her tug toy. Nice work.









3 Comments:

Blogger knittingphilistine said...

I have to admit that I like the wavy, undulation of Gently. I'd say it doesn't need fixing at all - just finishing, in spite of any few frogged stitches, and wearing. Though, it should be known that I am *far* from a knitting guru, so it might be better, afterall, to listen to the guru on this matter.

21 November 2006 at 12:33 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Aw. Scout is an (un)knitting master. Clever girl.

Re: Gentle, block a section and see what happens to it. The wavy might be part of its inherent charm.

21 November 2006 at 9:25 am  
Blogger knitlit kate said...

hi carson! when i first saw that "frogged" tug toy, i thought it was a skein of yarn...laine zinzin perhaps. hmmm...perhaps we all need to pay a visit to the pet shop for more yarnspiration.

22 November 2006 at 12:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home