17.11.06

Gentley



From bottom to top:


Gentle scarf in progress

The wall


Your state of mind when you leave all the yarn-over mistakes in and dont frog.



Thanks to all who left such lovely comments on my little experiment.
A few of you were interested to know the stitch pattern. It's "Gentle curves" from Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns. Which I can't in all honesty recommend for reasons I've already outlined previously, but if you're willing to persevere, you can extract some goodness from this publication.
I've modified the pattern a bit and there were various inspirations that led to it. Now that I've got the hang of the pattern, I am positively turbo-ing through the little 220 yard skein and it should be finished soon, and so will post details then.
As I said it started out simultaneously as experiment, as refuge from Mortie's exacting black rib, as pick-me-up after the great Fozzie-Kami disaster (hilarious! will post on that too soon) and as stash-buster.

But to be honest the teal-ey turquoisey hue is one I would never ordinarily look twice at, being more of your dark muted tertiary tone kinda gal, but the beauty of the Zephyr is undeniable; the profound yet so-subtle lustre of the 50% silk has made me think "Hmmm..not bad, not bad at all". And it really sings (harmonically) against cocoa-brown.
But it was your feedback readers that finally tipped the balance, I think this could actually be a garment! OK, so technically an accessory.


9 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

I noticed Fozzie-kami had disappeared from the side-bar - do tell!
It is teal (of course, not blue!). Teal silk and cocoa brown - delicious...

17 November 2006 at 3:42 pm  
Blogger jacqui said...

That yarn colour is lovely and the pattern is looking beautiful. And snaps to you for not frogging! No one will ever spot those missing y/overs!

17 November 2006 at 11:28 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh yeah. That scarf, flung over a rich brown velvet coat? Pure genius.

18 November 2006 at 12:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teal has such a bad early eighties connotation (especially when paired with maroon). I think this color is blue/green. And I LOVE it.

18 November 2006 at 1:14 am  
Blogger Carson said...

Tee hee at "snaps" jacqui.
I harbour a secret fondness for Legally Blonde..I know it's popcorn, but I think it's at least intelligent popcorn.

18 November 2006 at 8:57 am  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Love your tri-photo...and, of course, your awesome, flowy teal scarf.

18 November 2006 at 1:24 pm  
Blogger Dharma said...

Very lovely pattern.

18 November 2006 at 3:07 pm  
Blogger bugheart said...

loe that-
"snaps to you"
brilliant.
it's true.
i can't help it-
i frog.
but i am
ummm
OCD
xo

19 November 2006 at 2:27 am  
Blogger Eero said...

Have to say, in my short knitting career, I've frogged more than Ive knit. The scarf is turning out lovely!

20 November 2006 at 5:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home