10.11.06

the ebb and the flow

the stitch and the rip.

Mortie..
Remember how I used her as a bookmark about 2 weeks ago?

Stitches dropped off.
Botched rescue attempt.
Ripping.
Yesterday I was reading Wendy's tale of ripping woe.

And today here I am back where I was 2 weeks ago.
On row 16.


Which makes knitting Mortie feel like Mona Hatoum's
piece " + and - "



Which is a kinetic scuplture where a single turning blade simultaneously rakes grooves into the sand...
then smoothes them over.
Just like they were never there.

Then grooves again....










3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Augh. Find the zen. The ripping is the zen.

I actually want to watch that sculpture forever.

11 November 2006 at 12:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of that Mona Hatoum piece - I love it.
Now I need to go home and dig up my book on her work....

11 November 2006 at 2:34 am  
Blogger bugheart said...

heh.
just ripped
out 2 days work.
know how
you feel.
xo

13 November 2006 at 2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home