21.10.06

Black is Good

This definately helps...
the Deadline Fever.

Like a pressure valve on the the double-boiler of concentration and adrenaline.

I'm working 2 balls of Zephyr.

Which was a breeze on the swatch but now that I'm onto the Real Thing, it's like I'm subconsciously freaked out about making mistakes and even though I'm only 6 rows in, I've already had to frog back and do stitch surgery.


The double-strand-stitches make it easy to accidentally increase and then your whole K1 P1 is shot to hell.
Again, this was not a problem on the gauge swatch.

Maybe I need to try and fool my subconscious mind that this is in fact only a swatch .

A large, sweater-shaped swatch.

And then I'll be fine.




4 Comments:

Blogger M-H said...

Hey Carson - you left a message on the Sydney Sity Klickers blog a while ago. I replied in the blog but you may not have seen that. We are always open for new members - come along and increase our queer quotient anytime. :)

21 October 2006 at 3:26 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

You're a brave woman! looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts!

21 October 2006 at 5:52 pm  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Have you decided on a name yet?

21 October 2006 at 10:19 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

Dark chocolate makes anything doable.

there is a partial sweater sitting in my workbasket that is also knit out of doubled yarn. My problem was more that I would always only catch one of the loops, and then there would be a half-dropped stitch just hanging out and waiting to wreak havoc.

If I had had Green & Blacks, I would have been much more fortitudinous about this issue, and the sweater might be done by now.

22 October 2006 at 12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home