27.9.06

There'll be some changes made

I've been doing some spring cleaning of the blog.
And while thinking of spring, renewal and birth, there's nothing like an impending one to make a person reach instinctively for the needles.

My friend Belinda is having a baby in December and you know what that means!........
Knitting of course.
Booties?
Spew-blanket?
No..I'm going to make the Top Down Bonnet from Hello Yarn in a gender-neutral colour.
Hurrah, I've finally got a new project to distract me until the Zephyr arrives.

The pattern calls for a sportweight which I'm pretty sure translates into an 8 ply. I happen to have some Naturally merino 8ply in my stash which I could make it in right now..can you tell I'm itching to stitch?
Ay... there's the rub... the itch factor.

The merino is quite soft, but is it soft enough? Should I use something like Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (which after all is mostly merino, just with some microfibre and cashmere added), or is that whole "Baby" wool thing just marketing?




2 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

That is a great pattern! I think you do have to consider the itch factor with babies - something else to consider is whether it should be cotton - my nephew has very bad excema (spelling?) and so can only wear cotton. But the DB cashmerino is gorgeously soft...

28 September 2006 at 8:34 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

I don't know from babies and what they think is too itchy, but the Baby Cash is a treat to work with, plus it's machine washable.

28 September 2006 at 12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home