18.9.06

I like to (S)watch




No really, I do.

Swatching seems to drive other knitting bloggers round the proverbial, even so far as t
o referring to it as "the misery of swatching".


But I could swatch til the cows come home, or the sheep even.

There's something about the simple act of perfecting a stitch, or a colour with nothing else to distract you ..like shape.


It is an end in itself.


So I've been swatching a lot lately.

Swatching endless shades of grey (all Gen Xers will surely remember
Steve Strange's
Fade to Grey...whatever happened to him?)




to get the exact, perfect shade of what I call "An exciting new fashion shade of mildew putty".


Perfecting The Bumblebee.




It's true I've been somewhat obsessed with this one for a while.

But now I've got the hang of it, it's actually quite easy despite the confusing non-instructions.


I'm thinking it would be quite good for a baby thi
ng,
or something with an antique tone lik
e a pattern from the 1920s, or Victorian,
or even ...
Elizabethan...

(yes, I was watching Helen Mirren on telly last night too..fab)


Last but not least, Rowan Big Wool in moss stitch




At least I can post photos again..that malfunction was in keeping with the spirit of the weekend. I exacerbated an old injury, the pipe under the kitchen sink exploded and flooded the kitchen (thank god we have a lovely plumber neighbour!) and I managed to lose all my keys.
Ah yes, just one of those weekends.


But there is always knitting.


1 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

Love bumblebee. Love the Big Wool (and your tension is great!). Hate to swatch. But will do it (mostly) because the thing I hate more is a finished product that doesn't fit. But still hate to swatch.

18 September 2006 at 10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home