25.8.06

More irony?

I would like to flatter myself that the reach of this blog is so wide that the good folk at Nestucca Bay yarns will be slapping a defamation order on me faster than you can say "drop yer needles and put your hands in the air" but as that is less than .05% likely, I stumbled on this:

“Knit or Crochet helmet liners for our troops! The military issue helmet liners are made out of acrylic yarn, they are not warm and don't absorb water the way the wool helmet liners do. This is a way we can help our guys around the world and I am sure it will mean a lot to them to get hand knit helmet liners from home, that really work!”

Um...you're kidding, right? Is this 1914?

I'll leave you to upack that dear reader.


So...maybe it's glue-induced stupor, but Yarn Harlot's socks seem strangely appealing to me today and am considering attempting them via Knitty's toe-up tute with some Knittery's handpainted 4-ply. Possibly in Passionfruit.
Mabye.
Is that extra crunchy? Have I tipped over the aesthetic edge? Do I need to get out more?
These and other issues more pressing than the duration of the ceasefire in Lebanon will be addressed in upcoming posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger NattyChick said...

Ha, I don't think so. Considering we don't have military issue helmet liners here in Australia I think we are quite safe from this absurdity. Our issue gloves on the other hand.......how about a nice handknitted pair of mittens? Might give us a bit of strife with our rifle though. LOL

28 August 2006 at 10:06 am  
Blogger Carol said...

Do you know where i could get the pattern for this hat i have friends in the military and i would love to send this to them

19 May 2008 at 11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home