28.8.06

Guinea Couture

What birthday gift do you make for an 8 year old girl who has everything?

Why, Guinea Pig-Couture of course!

In a long list of crazy things I've done, I think this is up there.

It was a lot of fun though, in fact so infectious was the craziness that the Goat joined in (whose "Norwegian Tri-corn" is pictured bottom right and "Fetching Beret" top left).

Sweater-wise, having a
hard time imagining this fitting a guinea pig..this looks more like a mental patient rehab project for a large rat. Just how big is a guinea pig anyway?..the internet yields no joy there..very vague on actual measurements.

Maybe it could just be an amusing hat for a lemon..or the recipient could use them as a set of egg cozies. Which is exactly what every 8 year old girl needs.
For her trousseau.

The peculiar satisfaction of a 10cent piece sized pom pom in wacky slubby yarn. My very first paying job as a 16 year old was at the National Theatre in Perth,WA, where I was sent to the Wardrobe department to make pom poms for orphans' hats for "Lil Orphan Annie". Being a musical, there was a lot of orphans and hence a lot of pom poms...but never this small.

So we'll have to wait for a shot of the couture in action, as the entire wardrobe, its piggie recipients Fred and Bruce, and the tribe of over glucosed and very over tired 8 year olds were whisked away by a concerned mother.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

These are v. cute!! I would like to see a video of her trying to put them on the g.pigs!!! (or perhaps not!)
Re your tension qn - I don't know (sorry!). It's always been even. I don't know if it makes a difference but I don't hold the knitting sticks properly - ie I take my right hand off to loop the wool around the stitch, rather than just using my index finger. I think it does make a difference the way you hold the wool - if you can do that evenly, then your tension naturally follows. If all else fails, try Google! (or Grumperina or Yarn Harlot, both of whose blogs I find amazing!)

28 August 2006 at 1:56 pm  
Blogger M-H said...

In reply to the comment you left on the SSK blog, yes, you'd be welcome! Most of us have found each other through our blogs. Just come along to Barmuda any time after about 2.30pm and you'll find us upstairs. We're the noisy ones wth the pointy stix. :)

28 August 2006 at 5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee…
i read this post
and i know
we must
be kindred
spirits!
Love you
about with
“spookily
anonymous
partner”-
my partner
is the same
way…
wants
to remain
very
anonymous!
:)
if i
find
an extra
polaroid
swinger
i will
make sure
to send it
your way!

29 August 2006 at 10:28 am  
Blogger Carson said...

rose, thanks I'll see what tension wisdom yarn harlot can give me..maybe it's just practice.
m-h cheers!
and bugheart..thanks I'm glad you like it.

31 August 2006 at 11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home