4.12.08

Departing from the usual


Thank gourd.
No really, thank gourd
that finally .... yes, finally! some of my friends have got themselves organised to have a baby girl.


Because now I can finally cast aside all late twentieth century heteronormative gender fascism dogma aside ... and unleash a sudden and profound urge to make something very small, very pretty, and very pink. 

Y'know... old fashioned adorable?



Burn me at the stake if you will, but this fairly irresistable urge was brought on by by my holiday knitting project I'm sure of it; repeat after repeat of grey lace (yes I know I love grey, I've banged on about it plenny.  But seriously that amount of yarn-overs would send anyone into a torpor after a while). 

So now i'm finding inordinate amounts of pleasure in knitting up a small pink inverted triangle masquerading as a cardigan  [rav link] 
The yarn feels like a little bit of spring as I work it, like the smell of freesias.
So it's a pity in a way that it's now officially Summer. 

I'm doing many mods as I go, but I'll write those up when it's finished for anyone interested in the project. So far?  Fun, easy, recommended; however we'll see what the finished product turns out like ( I may have to eat my words! no matter I'm used to this and I always make sure those words are tasty and low GI).


And now some more choice shots from Tassie (yes there's no getting away from them I'm afraid)

I fell in love with this place.

Words, or ... my words at least, are inadequate at conveying the spirit of this little beach in Great Oyster Cove.

Somewhere in that midden of shells and twigs is a brand new pair of designer sunglasses which I managed to misplace somewhere between shot #2 and #3.
By now they have been washed out to sea and are on their way to Antarctica.

So . . . if there are any Antarctic seals out there reading this right now and your neighbour has been sporting a new look in accessories lately, could you please pop me an email, I'd really appreciate it. We can work something out, no questions asked!


oh...and the yarn? it's Merino Slim Sock from the Knittery, in Daisy. 



 

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you see that shade of pink goes really well with grey. It's beautiful.

I really want to go to Tas again. That landscape. Yum.

5 December 2008 at 10:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaaaa! I feel you. I hated hearing "gender neutral" so much that once my sister had a girl - I was unleashed. I tried to play it cool, but the pink was just too irresistible!

The Tasmania photos are wonderful. I need to get back on Flickr and check them out. I've finished all the books, so I've no choice. ;)

6 December 2008 at 12:24 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Crap. I had a funny comment about you not possibly be the Carson we know and love, and exorcists, and blah blah blah it disappeared into the ether. So I'll just say pink is marvelous with grey, and black, and white. Here's to pink!

6 December 2008 at 1:38 pm  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

I look forward to see what you are making in pink :-)
I have always loved pink (actually pink and grey is a great combination), and now I love pink even more.

10 December 2008 at 9:45 am  
Blogger Di said...

My lord! PINK! What has the world come to...
Sounds like a refreshing change from lacy grey though.

12 December 2008 at 10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures, and about the sunglasses, I'll give you a note if they, in a year or two, turn up here in the Arctic

13 December 2008 at 12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home