5.5.08

Chunk


is my current word du jour.
Or even du mois.
I've been using it a lot to describe space.
I think some of my students are starting to think of me as Miss Chunk.
As in "You know, the one who describes everything as a chunk of something".

Fittingly, and in a not entirely different sense of the word, I stumbled upon...


Eat your heart out Wenlan Chia. This is Estrelita* ! ! !

Photo by
permission Ms Charm + Poise (whose birthday is incidentally coming up this Friday, I think you should all rush over there and bombard her with birthday wishes, and while you're in a giving mood, rush straight from there over to flintknits to offer some much-needed cheer).



* Brought to you with an IQ (Irony Quotient) of 99.9%




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chunk is a great word. it just feels so good on the lips...CHUNK. so good. as i look down i just noticed that the word verification has the letters c-h-u-k , minus the letter n & not necessarily in that order, but how neat!

oh and that sweater is AMAZING! i've only branched to arm warmers & berets...

6 May 2008 at 12:06 am  
Blogger comfies said...

chunk of space, chunk of time, chunk of cake....and yes, that sweater is good. so bold and chunky.

6 May 2008 at 1:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm totally gonna bring on the chunk.

6 May 2008 at 2:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chunk is a great word....one of my favs. Would you look at that bobble on the sleeve? It's the size of an apple. If that's not chunky, I don't know what is!

6 May 2008 at 3:35 am  
Blogger Michele said...

ummm chunk - lovely word. what i wouldn't give right now for a chunk of brownie. sweater verdict ... a tad too chunky.

7 May 2008 at 8:09 am  
Blogger Madge said...

Chunka chunka burnin' love.

Yeah, okay, so I win the lame comment award. But, hey, Elvis.

12 May 2008 at 7:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home