14.2.08

The Purple Story


Clockwise: Clap,
juniper berries in a dish,
black grapes (in a dish),
plums and pods...yes you guessed it - in a dish!



Martha, you may need to avert your gaze for a while; I know how you feel about purple.

I'll let you know when it's safe to look again.
Although the title just may have tipped you off.

Regular readers may also be keenly attuned to the sudden and uncharacteristic quickening of my
posting.
You should know that I'm deeply enmeshed in the horror show that is tax returns and Imminent Mortgage Freakout (IMF), and as we all know, in these situations it's best to just pretend it's not happening.


Yes, sometimes blogging = procrastination.


And for someone who vowed not to bore the pants off you with clap updates, I'm certainly going on and on (and on) about it, aren't I?

When I went fruit shopping yesterday I didn't consciously select fruit that echoed the colours in the yarn I'm using -basically I just went for everything that was $1.99 a kilo, and these days my very good friends, that means tomatoes, plums and grapes, grapes, grapes!- but this morning the colour echoes were hard to deny.
Outside the fruit market, there's a fascinating leguminous tree that is weighed down by these
fantastic seed pods, so I had to pick some of those too.
They start out half brilliant green and half bruise-brown, but after a week the green part turns into a deep burnished copper. Quite beautiful.


The Great Valentines Day Bleach Stain
on the knee of my trakky pants.


Happy Valentines Day
With an irony quotient of 98.78%.







7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, mortgage anxiety... in the not so distant past i sold houses for a living. i do believe this would be the part of the transaction when i would come over with a bar of chocolate to try and soothe the nerves. maybe a bottle of wine too. grapes might be an acceptable substitute here though.

your project is looking good and for the record i think certain shades of purple flatter practically any skin tone! :)

14 February 2008 at 2:41 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

For the record, I have never to my knowledge seen or eaten a passionfruit. However, in looking at your clap, I feel compelled to refer to it as "passionfruit-colored." Is that strange?

14 February 2008 at 3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm plums. A wonderful tying together of disparate items.

14 February 2008 at 6:54 pm  
Blogger Loraine said...

with or without irony..happy valentines day !

15 February 2008 at 1:31 am  
Blogger comfies said...

i LOVE purple!

17 February 2008 at 2:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Valentine's Day! $2.00US a kilo for fruit!? Gee, your food prices are good! I was about to go to the vegatable market too. Maybe I'll drinks some of the apple juice I have in the fridge.

BTW, your blog is so beautiful to look at. I'll buy fruit later.

18 February 2008 at 8:40 am  
Blogger Di said...

blogging = procrastination? ho ho ho.. surely you jest (not...)

19 February 2008 at 9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home