4.2.08

Monday



Thank the gourds for Mosaic Monday, otherwise I would still be unable to post.
Y'see.. Goat is away on yet another conference and I am rendered camera-less. I simply can not summon the chutzpah to post without an image, it's just not in me and so good ol' flickr has come to the rescue.

This one started out with a definite theme: curvy, swirl
y, soft, pretty, then it started branching out, quite literally, then closed with some interconnectedness (is that even a word)? -That'll send some of my readers *cough* martha *cough* to dictionary.com-

I honestly don't know how I ever survived without flickr, in a similar vein to how I'm amazed how I survived without a photocopier and gaffer* tape!

Which brings me to the point (trust me, I do have one) of this:


from suse at pea soup.

Thank you suse! I can now step up and join the assembled throng on the (slightly chipped now from all the shoes tripping on it as they ascend) podium of bloggy award-iness (another one for the dictionary!)

I'm quite chuffed that suse slaved for hours, people! to compile her fabulous list and I'm on it. Even more chuffed that someone who makes me laugh feels likewise.

And as I don the glittering tiara, I have to nominate 10 others for this award also.

Now, this is where I may be ignominiously shoved off the podium for being disrespectful of the rules. Shocking iconoclast that I am, I'm nominating four people (and only two of those blog) whose web presence truly makes my day every day, because ten -ten-! is just too hard (you should see my bloglines, seriously you all make my day, otherwise I wouldn't subscribe! ) so I'm choosing to go with some wonderful folk you may not be aware of.

First up are three people whose tireless whimsy and wit make me giggle, often to the point of snortling my morning beverage out through my nose (note to self: get coffee out of the way first). Granted, this is not an attractive image for you, but conveys why I love them so much.

Stephen at Coelacanth Diaries.
One seriously talented illustrator, his insights into the freelancer's working experience gets my vote every time.

Andrew at firstdogonthemoon.
Ok, so he doesn't blog, but man, can the guy cartoon! The subtlety of expression that he can convey in just the nuances of a dot in the eyeball are genius. Plus he tends towards the surreal, which also gets my vote.

Sharon aka Ms Charm and Poise.
Imagine a mid-century buffet table at the Algonquin Hotel round table, and you've pretty much got her stock in trade. The wit! The wisdom! The canned-product
hors d'œuvres !

Next is
Danica at slowprogress.
Danica's blog has such a quiet authenticity and charm to it you can't help but feel invited in. And she takes such exquisite photos that I just want to move into her house. Thoughtful and keenly observant, her little guys are pretty cute too.

Lastly but not leastly, I nominate every single one of my flickr contacts,whose daily visual offerings truly make my day, especially when they line up in a spooky way.So much so I had to start a group.(thanks for the gee up on that one Alison)

How's that for a bookend?



*duct tape






5 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Wait. WAIT. I can use these mosaics as blog fodder too? Every Monday? That is genius at its finest. Oh, brilliant, brilliant.

5 February 2008 at 2:47 am  
Blogger Madge said...

You're a star, dahling. *air kisses*

And, uh, I had to look it up, too.

P.S. Duct tape rules. The AntiCraft book has a duct tape corset pattern in it. What a crack up.

5 February 2008 at 4:36 am  
Blogger comfies said...

ha! one of the things i love most about your blog is your sense of humor, so it's only fitting that you've directed us towards other talented humorist-types...

and it's such an honor to be on your list carson! thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

5 February 2008 at 10:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you buy nice buttons.
And make beautiful mosaics. I wish I had your contact line ups.

And you use nice words. Like gaffer tape :)

7 February 2008 at 4:39 pm  
Blogger Melsy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2 March 2008 at 5:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home