10.10.07

So



We're at the end of our walk in the park and I'm thinking "What is that noxious pong"??
My first impulse is to check the bottoms of both shoes: sometimes the dog park grass is booby-trapped.
Nope, all clear there.
Smells like someone's put down a load of Blood + Bone fertiliser on some garden bed close-by.
But there are no garden beds close-by.
Really smells like something's dead, and not freshly.

Then I'm wondering where Scout is and of course she has not only located the source of said pong, but is busily rolling around in it, joyously grinding it in.
I don't know what it was, and I don't want to know.
So not in the mood for this on this particular afternoon.

Straight back into the yard, Scout held firmly between clenched legs, she gets thoroughly shampooed and hosed off. I know, I know, water restrictions! Let that just be between you and me, dear Reader. ( I only used a bucketful and I'm very water-wise elsewhere, really I am Officer!! )

Scout does her best to look sheepish and hardly-done-by ... alas she will never
ever make the abstract connection between this particular Cause and Effect. Yeah, it's funny now.

Speaking of abstract, someone asked me during the week

"So, what's the difference between a concept and a theme anyway"?

Put simply, I can illustrate not only the answer to that, but also vessel wednesday in one fell swoop! Talk about efficiency!

I came across this object design company today . . . check out Ron Gilad's amazing work, particularly his fruit bowls like this one:
(And it's a beautifully designed website too by the way).

photo: designfenzider

Now
that is pushing abstraction further.

Thankyou everyone for your lovely feedback on the Clessidras (I'm really going to take better photos this weekend) and for your kind commiserations on the feet thing.
It's truly amazing how quickly posting a photo of your feet in socks and shoes on the internet brings out the foot fetishists! Why am I not surprised? On the Disturbing Factor Scale, I'd only rate it about a 4.5 - 5 but still, it's enough.

Now, we all know how wildly popular sock knitting is in the blogosphere and how much we all love to document, pose and publish our socky creations.
So I'm left wondering . . . has anyone else experienced this?



* pong = really truly offensive odour



4 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

First point: Bailey's true mission in life is to fing the pong, roll in it, and then look as offended as possible when I try to bathe it off of her. She and Scout, they share so much.

Second point re: the fetishists, yes, many, many, many of us have experienced it. I've dealt with it by blocking people on Flickr who appear to be pervy based on their pictures & groups, but beyond that, there's not a ton you can do. Watch groups though--I wouldn't go adding those pics to any "knee high sock" groups you're suddenly invited to :)

11 October 2007 at 12:01 am  
Blogger amisha said...

oh! that fruit bowl. concept and theme indeed.

11 October 2007 at 6:02 am  
Blogger Michele said...

beautiful Scout pictures. i love how blue his/her? coat looks.

12 October 2007 at 8:24 am  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

I guess it is a vessel, but funny how I feel it can't be because the sides are open. And I must say, I feel sorry for those grapes.

15 October 2007 at 7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home