2.10.07

Memo to Self:


Blog more frequently.

I mean it's not like I haven't had ample opportunity. Uni's been on Semester break, Goat's been away so I've been slobbin' around the bachelor lifestyle. No camera to distract me.

Actually, I think that's it.

This morning, after photographing piles of yarn for absolutley no good reason,
I realised not only how much I missed the camera, but also how fresh visual stimulus drives my blogging. Without it I just grind down til mute.

So:
an homage to the Queen of the Pile.
From top to bottom: Rowan Summer Tweed, Rubi + Lana 3ply (Clessidra), and Eki Riva Sport baby alpaca (Furry Goodness).

This alpaca scarf was one of the first things I knitted. I still love the yarn. It may be unparalleled in sheer drapeyness, softness and general lusciousness, but my god!, am I allergic to it or what?
As of tonight, it's frogged -reminding me all the while of all those ends painstakingly wound in while watching Mildred Pierce- (if you ever need motivation for steely-nerved pains-taking, that movie will do it! ), wound and then sent sailing off to a much deserved loving home! Which I'm very glad about.

Stay tuned for some rare Qiviut sightings! (link to Knitters Review...info is halfway down the page).






4 Comments:

Blogger missfee said...

OMG I felt Quivet on the weekend it is amazing totally amazing - and expensive 170 for 65grams!!!!!

2 October 2007 at 9:50 pm  
Blogger shula said...

I don't think I could blog without my camera.

I shoot first, and decide what to say about it later.

3 October 2007 at 12:36 am  
Blogger Madge said...

You and me both. I think the cat has my tongue.

Mildred Pierce is one awesome movie. So is Sunset Boulevard. (can you tell I'm a total fan of the seedy underbelly of American life? well, yes, indeed I am)

Quivet? Did I hear quivet?

3 October 2007 at 4:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this photo. and glad you have your camera back. did Goat like Banff? we're going to drive up there this weekend just to hang out of the day.

3 October 2007 at 8:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home