24.9.07

ravelry


Really really keen observers will notice there's been some subtle changes in my sidebar.
I've removed the "On the Shelf" section where I logged my combo Project-Graveyard/ ICU/ Covet miscellany for a while now.
But now that I'm in ravelry, that sad old grab bag finally has a proper home, and one that appeals to a certain OCD side.
Fellow ravelers, my username is carson (I know! My imagination ran riot there... like Franklin, I toyed briefly with the idea of a silly one. Like MarzipanNeedleBrain, or BunBun LaFluffBag, you get my drift. Plus I guessed there'd already be a few takes on the "Needle" theme already).


And ooh I sense another vortex of procrastination possiblilities opening up there.
It's already spurred me on to cast on a new project.
I'm getting pretty close to the heel flap on ol' Clessidra and as I get close to the finish line I vacillate wildly between a zen-like trance and teeth-grinding ga-ga ness.
And so you'd think by now I'd be completely sick of cables and grey yarn, but nope I'm casting a hat design by Tina Whitmore in Rowan Summer Tweed: Hurricane.
More cables.
More grey.

But I'm fond of a bit of beret. They are just so handyto pull on for bad hair days, and the summer tweed is perfect; a silk/cotton blend that should still be wearable in the warmer months.
Alas, still no camera but it bears a remarkable resemblance to some other Rowan tweed in my stash so let's just pretend:






5 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

for someone without a camera those are gorgeous photos you must have had stashed away. love the shadows in both photos.

so that's what the rowan tweed is for. wondered when i saw it on flickr. sounds like a great plan for it.

25 September 2007 at 7:48 am  
Blogger shula said...

My Ravelry name is poppalina.

I too am a font of originality.

25 September 2007 at 7:38 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

And I'm knitdevil.

See you found the tweed heads group already - good grrl. And if it's grey? Like rain wet stone on Edinburgh High Street. Perfect.

26 September 2007 at 11:01 am  
Blogger Di said...

Indeed another rabbit warren to get lost in... I just scored an invite myself (I'm clementineshoes). Oh dear...
Is that a corella pear? I love them- the colours are so gorgeous.

2 October 2007 at 8:33 am  
Blogger Charlotte said...

well I like the pear. and the shadow. that's a damn nice photograph there.

3 October 2007 at 6:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home