13.8.07

Hockney-esque snapshot

of my life at the moment.

From L to R:
diagrammatic structural sketches, trace, sundry pencils, diary, tissues, SydneyDesign brochure, Sudafed, Butter Menthols, a (now battered) stainless steel case I got from Muji in HK ages ago, and in which I keep my mini-dogclips, calculator,disks, more tissues, water, pile of course notes and marking (trans: grading), pens, Thandi and Season 4 of the West Wing.

Or:

The Microbes are Taking Over the World.

We may think we're on top of the food chain, b
ut let's face it, microscopic organisms are definately giving us a run for our money.

Yes, I'm sick with flu. Again. I blame the increasingly Tokyo-style commuter trains, thanks CityRail!

A friend just passed his Physician exams and I missed the party (thanks again CityRail)
and so my life is reduced to this view with occasional evening forays into the living room to watch a couple of episodes of WW and get about one pattern repeat done on Thandi.

The Sudafed certainly makes thinking a little more possible, but it also leaves feeling a little wacky.

Thanks everyone who commented on my last post. I'm glad it sparked some resonance with others, and that's what it's all about isn't it?













6 Comments:

Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Oh, Phoo! Having the flu sucks, big time. And damn you CityRail for causing all that trouble!

I hope you'll feel better soon.

13 August 2007 at 2:42 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

Oh boy, sorry about the flu, but I'm pleased the Sudafed made you receptive to your nomination. I find these meme things (yes it is one) kind of annoying, but I was also rather chuffed to be called "rockin'". I'm doubt it'll happen all that often in the next 36 years of my life. I'm starting to feel the same way about builders etc making kissing noises as I walk by - it's irritating and definitely Not On, but I'm sure I'll miss it when it's gone.

13 August 2007 at 4:37 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Be gone, flu germs, gone! Hope you're feeling better soon, Carson.

14 August 2007 at 4:13 am  
Blogger Eero said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly---and having to be very busy at work at the same time...sucks! Sudafed? Kinda wacks me out, too.

Thanks for the kind words on my blog. I'm approaching this whole thing like it's just another 'technical issue' to cycling and I'll figure out a way to get around it or through it...
Yep.

E.

14 August 2007 at 11:23 am  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

garlic, sick one, and lots of rest! It's a really nasty one this year, isn't it? You're not the first one I've heard of who's sucummb a second time - seems to be a bit of a lurker...

Hope you have the strength to hold needles (knitting, that is!) still?

sending healthy vibes your way....

14 August 2007 at 12:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your hockney-esqe photo!

20 August 2007 at 12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home