9.7.07

FO: tofubooties



You've sort of seen these before. They're based on a pattern for Simple Mules from Crafts Beautiful Online UK, 2006. If anyone knows the project, and had the foresight to save the pattern in Word instead of just bookmarking the webpage like me, please let me know. Sadly, the pattern is no longer online or in their archives and emailing the editor chasing the pattern hasn't yielded any joy (yet).

So I've used the basic shape and done a 'cheat' version. Not as good as the original, which uses short row shaping to give a little fullness at the top of the instep. So it's back to the drawing board, but in the meantime, these little quickies make the perfect accompaniment to a gift for a soon-to-be-mum (is there something in the water?)

Yarn: SWTC tofutsies- verdict? Chitin, schmitin...
Yes it's soft soft, but also splitty splitty. Don't think I'd use it again.
Needles: bamboo 2.5 dpns
Time: coupla hours, tops.
Recipient: wee Ms. Selkie J. Jacobsen (whose birthweight one is usually meant to quote [here] but, well, she's baby-sized ok?).



3 Comments:

Blogger Madge said...

Booties! *thump* (as I fall over from the cuteness)

First the focaccia, now the tofu...or is that shrimp...either way, I'm hungry.

Sorry, I don't have the pattern, but yours are sweet!

10 July 2007 at 11:35 am  
Blogger Jesse said...

Those look like they would definitely stay on (I'm finding out that this is the most important and least often acknowledged feature that booties should possess). Probably even more practical without the short-row shaping!

11 July 2007 at 1:54 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Ooh, they are adorable. Now I'm sad that the pattern has disappeared.

11 July 2007 at 4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home