25.7.07

Chilli Edamame: mmmm


Vessel Wednesday:

Last week we had dinner with Amsterdam friends at Toko


All the food arrived in beautiful vessel after beautiful vessel.
I was thinking documenting this dinner would set me up for a couple of months worth of vessel wednesday material, but I gave up photographing after the pre-dinner snack as the boys were hungry and asked me pointedly whether I was planning on shooting every course? Whereupon they fell upon the food like ravenous wolves.
So the Edamame bowls will have to suffice.

Food and service are great, it's actually worth a visit just for Reni Kung's light sculptures (no website to link too alas).
I think it was walking around afterwards in the literally freezing cold however that gave me the laryngitis.

HP-free zone

If anyone else feels like a salmon swimming upstream against the tide of popular opinion when it comes to the HP phenomena, then you've found a safe enclave here.
I've nothing against JK personally (in fact I say "Good on her"! ), or indeed the legion of people who find enjoyment in the books.
It's just that everyone needs a quiet place away from the ubiquity.





10 Comments:

Blogger Eero said...

Edamame! I love it! Beautiful vessel this week.
If I could submit to Vessel Wed., it'd most likely be something as banal as a bicycle water bottle....

As far as HP---
The craze will die down soon, no fear.

E.

25 July 2007 at 11:50 am  
Blogger shula said...

Thank you, Carson.

Someone. Who. Understands.

(not that there's anything wrong with it).

Nice bowls, baby.

25 July 2007 at 5:31 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

he he. We walked past a guy from the bookstore early on Saturday morning as he made his way home post-launch. All he said was: "Don't say Harry Potter!". It's been making me smile all week.

25 July 2007 at 5:57 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

sorry, harry who?

;)

25 July 2007 at 8:14 pm  
Blogger Carson said...

Wasn't he a fashion designer in the 80s? ;)

25 July 2007 at 8:18 pm  
Blogger Little Snoring said...

phew I found it at last - the no HP bandwagon, help me climb aboard...

26 July 2007 at 3:47 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Aah, a port away from the HP storm...may I join you? (though I do feel a bit like getting the cellar ready a la those wacky English Reformation days...you know, just in case any rabid Hogwarts fans find us)

27 July 2007 at 7:45 am  
Blogger Vouray said...

Guess you've never read an HP book.

27 July 2007 at 11:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee. i am also climbing aboard your HP free zone. phew.

28 July 2007 at 10:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, blog as safe house; how cool is that? Personally, I wish I could stay linked to this post until the fervor dies down. It's tired, having to give my favorite book store a wide berth.

3 August 2007 at 11:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home