14.6.07

Mea Culpa

Yes it's true, I did force Di to set aside searching for her lost cat Walter for the far more important and pressing issue of publishing the pattern for her baby kimono.
Not only that but I when it promptly arrived, I didn't actually cast it on for
Five. Whole. Days.
I know!... treacherous villain.

Or just slack?

Well, to be fair maybe more like currently going insane with this job...but in the interests of making amends to the knitting gods...

Look at me go! Multitasking, multitasking! Not slacking, really I'm not!


Meanwhile, Stephanie's article in Sunday Life (link over at Poppalina here) is absolutely right about the blogosphere being a network of support and friendship.
Unexpectedly so.
I have evidence here:

I got home yesterday after a truly craptastic day to find a large box almost overflowing with homegrown mandarines,

some homemade jam,
and a lovely card.

(Actually that's not entirely true.
I got home and a couple of hours later checked my email, then crept about in crepuscular darkness outside to find said box of goodies, just like an Easter egg hunt really).

How is it possible that someone can drag themselves away from what Maurice Sendak might refer to as an infant-induced "big shlongola of breakdownville" to hand deliver handpicked/made goodness?
How lovely is that?
And no prizes for guessing who that lovely someone might be... check the beautiful branding.

Cheers!





8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've just made me cry.
You are very welcome of the mandarins. Afterall, adding 'clean up mouldy stench of rotting mandarins' isn't something you want to read about as I descend deeper into chaos.

14 June 2007 at 9:31 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

I think you're more than atoning for whatever sins you may or may not have committed by sailing through that kimono.

Now I want jam.

14 June 2007 at 11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, alison is simply inspirational, isn't she? what an amazing woman. gotta love friends like that. :)

15 June 2007 at 9:44 am  
Blogger Madge said...

Mmm, jam. And green baby kimono. Loverly.

15 June 2007 at 10:56 am  
Blogger shula said...

I knew there was a reason why I love that girl.

15 June 2007 at 10:45 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Grrl, I need your email address. Please send it to me pronto (mine is madgedoty@sbcglobal.net). I want to inundate your inbox with guffaws over your last comment to me about knitting an Ursula-inspired bikini! You're BRILLIANT!

16 June 2007 at 3:57 am  
Blogger Di said...

Gee I'm so disappointed I don't live close enough for house calls too...
(btw- actually, if you hadn't hassled me it might have taken longer to write- I finished writing it whilst waiting him to come home the first night he "stayed out late"- so it was a good thing :))

16 June 2007 at 5:21 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

You Aussie bloggers really seem to be a special bunch. I mean it - you stand out in my personal blogview, you really do.

20 June 2007 at 4:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home