6.6.07

The long + winding road

That leads
To your heel flap.

Passed the honeymoon phase on this a while ago and frankly the last ten centimetres have been in the 'slog' phase.

I felt such a frisson of relief when I worked out I'd done the last row of the hourglass cable.

But now the heel's turned and we're into the home stretch, I'm easily going to make it out of the single 100 gram ball.
which crimps and waves pleasingly now it's down to this size


vessel wednesday
today is a leap into Outdoor Documentary mode.

Anodised aluminium (green) picnic tumber. Probably 60's. From a set of four. Made by Vermont, NSW. That's probably Vermont, Dubbo.

Photographed at a knitting picnic in Balmain I was at on the weekend. Crisp winter sunshine, good company, I even managed to get in a few rows of Clessidra without stuffing up! A good day really.







7 Comments:

Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Oh, the instant relief that is the heel flap. It always makes me feel like I've just crested a hill and it's all downhill from there (in the good sense).

A knitting picnic sounds like a wonderful idea. Good food, the outdoors and yarn. You just can't top that.

6 June 2007 at 6:00 pm  
Blogger shula said...

speaking of childhood camping trips...

pass the anodised aluminium, will you?

6 June 2007 at 6:38 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

I lovvve anodised aluminium! That great bitter metallic taste with your Tang! MMMM, it's all coming back to me!
Well done on the Clessidra's - that cable looks like it would test one's patience!

6 June 2007 at 8:22 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oooh, I love that Clessidra!

And also the awesome 70s light in the picnic shot.

7 June 2007 at 1:40 am  
Blogger Madge said...

You're in the home stretch on your sock now! Go, Carson, go go! (getting into the mod 60s feeling)

Aah, those anodized aluminum cups of youth...they'd get so cold and have that film of icy sweat on them. I loved their jewel tones.

7 June 2007 at 1:53 am  
Blogger Flea-Bites said...

I can only admire your sock with envy! I am still turning the heel (about the 6th time - same heel) on the second of a pair of knee high ribbed socks that I started twelve months ago. The poor things are so rubbed up from being carted around and frogged so often that they look like they're secondhand. To add cables and moss stitch to a sock pattern beggars belief!

8 June 2007 at 5:47 pm  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Your Clessidra is looking mighty impressive! I really must join that slog party sometime soon.

9 June 2007 at 5:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home