21.6.07

Dog ate my homework


Just in case you were wondering where I'd got to, I'm still here, just currently shackled to a scary deadline.

I've been working 'offsite' all week, and Scout is used to me working from home most days.
So instead she's alone in the house for 9 to 10 hours a day which she's clearly pretty pissed off about.

I know this for a fact because she demonstrated her pissed-off edness by chewing through the ethernet plug.
So when I went to plug the ol' laptop into the router the other day, this is what I found. Quite chewed.
I actually found it quite funny at the time.
So...no blogging, no email, no nothing.
It felt
strangely liberating to be momentarily out of contact with a good excuse..."Sorry, dog ate my plug".

Needles Edge is returned to you thanks to a new one, and I'll try to post updates on the Baby Kimono this weekend.
However normal transmission might not resume for another week: just gotta get unshackled from this deadline first.

Hope everyone's having a good week and I look forward to catching up with all your blogs soon!





8 Comments:

Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

That is a great excuse! :)

Good luck with the unshackling!

21 June 2007 at 9:43 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh, SCOUT. Have you and Bailey been giving each other long-distance neurosis lessons?

21 June 2007 at 11:19 pm  
Blogger shula said...

A perfect homework excuse for the New Millenium:

"the dog ate my plug"

My dog removed the back door, including the mesh security door. I found it lying in the back yard, still locked, when I got home.

Teach me to leave him outside....

22 June 2007 at 12:02 am  
Blogger Madge said...

Aww, Scout misses her mum. Hope the scary deadline isn't TOO scary - no zombies involved or anything, is there? Good luck with getting finished on time, etc., etc.

22 June 2007 at 2:16 am  
Blogger MWM said...

Now I've heard everything:)
So what's the scary deadline?

22 June 2007 at 6:11 am  
Blogger Rose Red said...

Scout is one clever pup - knows exactly how to make you spend more time with her when you are home! "no internet - more time to play with me"!

22 June 2007 at 8:44 am  
Blogger Jesse said...

Oh, good luck with the deadline!

22 June 2007 at 5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw gee. I'm fortunate to live in a neighborhood with a lot of dog owners. When Ian and I are out, we have a neighbor who walks Della mid-day to give her some excercise, and company. When we travel, she stays with the same neighbor, and hangs out with her buddy, Nena, the rottweiler.

It's amazing how dogs know what buttons to push––or plugs to pull––in order to get your attention.

23 June 2007 at 12:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home