19.4.07

Fuzz + Shadow

Thanks everyone for your great feedback on Ultra Raglan.
A little progress report: it's actually been cool enough to wear it.
Around the house, to the dogpark, in fact it's just the thing for flyfishing in Newfoundland.
But...

it's already pilling a little.

No matter...I'm already on to the next thing.



Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid Mohair in Char.
(Yep, more JS. Nope, don't have shares).

Ah mohair, my first love.
I really.
Really.
Love.
Mohair.
A lot.

Except I find it peskily difficult to photograph.
How do you capture the unique texture?
I ended up photographing the fuzz shadow.



It's going to go a bit quiet around needle's edge - Scout is going in for surgery tomorrow and I'll be dividing my time between work, Scout's bed and a pot of mushy chicken risotto perpetually on the bubble.

Have a good weekend everyone.





5 Comments:

Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Poor Scout! What's the surgery for (if it's okay to ask)?

19 April 2007 at 5:26 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

Scoutie! What's wrong? Give her lots of pats from me.

19 April 2007 at 9:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuzz shadow neat trick.

But don't you find mohair scritchy?

19 April 2007 at 11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, another mohair lover. i love mohair too.

this is a gorgeous color!

i have some mohair on a cone waiting for the dye pot this summer. a mohair sweater is on my long list of upcoming projects.

look foward to watching your progress with this.

20 April 2007 at 5:08 am  
Blogger Madge said...

Hope Scout's surgery goes well and recovery is quick and painless!

See you when you get a moment again. :)

P.S. JS Kid Comfort is wonderful...can't wait to see what you're going to make with yours.

20 April 2007 at 10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home