12.4.07

Cleft in twain

Hanging out the washing today (the glamour, the glamour) I discovered my favourite old linen bedsheet had almost completely ripped along the little perforated line detail along the edge.
As I tugged at the damp mass in the basket, it just went zzzzzzzzzttttttttt.
Just like a zipper.
Bugger.

And speaking of cleaving. have you seen the intrepid steeking adventures of Pikku Kettu and Brooklyn Tweed? I'ts like extreme sports for knitters.

No vesselling yesterday. At least I can always vicariously vessel (yes, it's a verb now) via others.
No, I was feeling too dispondent yesterday to vessel. That old Ultra, she was a-buggin' me. I had visions of shapeless potato sacks and gapey holes.
But after some fab advice from aforementioned pikkukettu (the blogosphere! She is like a virtual grandmother- dispensing knitterly wisdom- but without the personality disorders), and getting within the last inch of the neck cast off I am buoyed up again.


6 Comments:

Blogger M-H said...

I love that garment (cardigan, I suppose - but so cool and un-cardigany!) that brooklyn tweed has just made. I lust after the yarn, especially the way it looks in the cables. He is such a neat'n'tidy boy. I am thinking of making a pair of his fair isle hats for my son and his boyfriend in London.

12 April 2007 at 5:57 pm  
Blogger AMCSviatko said...

Bummer indeed about the sheet. Do you have mendy plans involving zig zag stitch covered by some lovely ribbon or braid?

12 April 2007 at 6:11 pm  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Sad and unfortunate as the zzzzzzztttttting of your bedsheets is, I love the comparison you made with steeking. Extreme sport, indeed. I'm more of a doggy-paddle in the shallow end of the pool kind of knitter. At least for now.

13 April 2007 at 10:05 am  
Blogger Madge said...

I swear, reading Brooklyn Tweed's steeking posts is like seeing Picasso in action. What that boy does with yarn, mmhmm.

Yay for the buoyant blogosphere!

13 April 2007 at 11:36 am  
Blogger Emily said...

I haven't been as amused by a single sentence in a long time as I was by this: "She is like a virtual grandmother- dispensing knitterly wisdom- but without the personality disorders." hahaha!

15 April 2007 at 8:07 am  
Blogger AMCSviatko said...

If you plan to throw out sheet for lack of working sewing machine - send it my way - anything I (and my working) sewing machine can acheive has to be better than certain death, oui?

(Promise I'll send it back if I'm successful)

16 April 2007 at 5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home