8.4.07

And they knit until they're crosseyed

They tango till they're sore *

Today's post carries a parental guidance warning:May contain coarse language.



What's everyone else been doing over Easter?
I for one have been knitting Ultra Raglan indeed til almost crosseyed. At least blurryeyed, calloused and in a deep trance.
I'm determined to finish the sleeves tonight (working two at once on circs). Then all I've left to go is the neck which in my book is the best part of this design. Although time will tell whether I can pull it off.

Completely off-knit: what is it about jeans?
During a diabetic-coma-inducing-jeans-shopping-marathon today, I came very close to asking one of the retail sales assistants whether anyone does in fact manufacture a style somewhere between the extremes of "Bum-less Dude" and "Spray-on Slut".

You know, like something that a gal this side of 40 can wear?

Two and a half hours later I emerged with 2 pairs, so hopefully I won't have to go through that again for quite some time, or at least not until the spray-on tubular stovepipe look is over. Could someone please alert me as soon as that happens? I'd be most grateful.

Some more orange to go with the persimmons and Christy's silky tweed. I sense a theme emerging.



* Apologies to Tom Waits




10 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Ah, the annual jeans shopping expedition. I've finally found a cut that works for me and live in daily fear that the Gap is going to dicontinue it. Daily, I tell you.

8 April 2007 at 11:44 pm  
Blogger Eero said...

I completely agree with your jeans dilemna. I've done the same diabetic-desperado move on several stores looking for a pair of jeans that will fit someone other than an anorexic 15 year old.

My secret solution?
If I can find just a couple of pairs of jeans that I really, really like and fit well, I buy multiple pairs of the EXACT jeans off of ebay. Right now, I think I'm good for about a year with exactly the same jeans to wear.
It was the only solution I could come up with! Shopping for jeans made me feel like I was a mutant from the waist down.

Of course, shopping for bras makes me feel like a mutant from the waist up.

Good luck,
E.

9 April 2007 at 4:13 am  
Blogger MWM said...

uh huh.s

9 April 2007 at 5:59 am  
Blogger AMCSviatko said...

I have one word for you: Target.

That's where I get all my jeans from. I gave up trying any other sort on as it was all too stressful.

Target jeans (the standard styles they sell out of the cube shelving, not the trendy ones they display hanging up.)fit me well and come in a variety of leg styles. Well at least they did last time I looked which was last year...

9 April 2007 at 7:49 am  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

I see you're a slave to Norah G., too, these days. My feeling is that once you've hit that cross-eyed stage you're over the hump to finishing. And just a little woot! for Tom Waits, because, well, he always deserves a woot or two.

9 April 2007 at 9:03 am  
Blogger Raglana said...

Easter=knitting here too, in Finland. I'm looking forward to see your finished Ultra Raglan, too. The yarn must be superb, the sweater seems to be like one that will be in wear until it wears out. Your blog is one of my favourites, thanks, I've enjoyed already for some time.

Jeans... I grab any pair that fits, if I manage to find such. Sometimes they look quite OK, but I don't buy jeans that I can take off without unbuttoning and unzipping :-)

9 April 2007 at 10:28 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

Looks like you have some sleeve goodness going on in your house. And how about that neck - are you there yet?! Kudos for the marathon knitting.

Re. Tom Waits - Isn't Down By Law one of the best movies ever?

Spray-on slut. *giggle*

10 April 2007 at 3:53 am  
Blogger Christy said...

Pants shopping stinks. And to Ashley above...watch your back. I found a kind that fit at the Gap, and it did disappear. (Granted I found it on the super sale rack but still)

10 April 2007 at 1:26 pm  
Blogger Pikku- Kettu said...

Oh, I get you, I really do. Finding a decent pair of jeans is awful. I've totally given up on ever finding a pair that fits me perfectly. I am now resigned to at least having to shorten the legs of each pair of jeans I buy. So if I ever find some, I'm buying them all!

Loving the raglan sneak peek! :)

10 April 2007 at 3:18 pm  
Blogger jacqui said...

Ultra raglan is looking very good. How's the gauge working out?

10 April 2007 at 7:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home