19.2.07

black + white

Inspired by bugheart, Fritz Hansen series 7 knock-off (with yarn) because frankly, that's about as much knit content there's going to be around here for a wee while (unless I trawl through the archives of great disasters of 2006! which could be pretty amusing).

And in mortification news..Kate has tagged me! Gargh! Oh yes she thought she could get around me with flattery, but I'm wise to her ruse...

Frankly when I saw the 'brief' was six weird things about oneself, I thought, well..where do I start? Should I consult the Goat for a short-list? Wouldn't it be easier to do "Six Least Weird Things"?

But to oblige...

I'm named after Carson McCullers. A brilliant fiction writer, but also rather a sad alcoholic one. Thanks Mum!

The second or third book I learned to read was Monty Python's Big Red Book (which is actually blue) and which accounts for my essentially absurdist sense of humour and also probably why most people don't get my jokes, which makes for lots of awkwardness.

I am arachnophobic.

I once had to pick up Wilhelmenia Fernandez from her swish hotel in my ''79 Honda Civic (spray painted about 10 different shades of gold) and take her to a costume fitting. Years later, trading in that Honda, in my efforts to up the trade-in price I told the dealer "Don't you know Wilhelmenia Fernadez's ass has been on that seat? Don't you know she used the mirror to check her makeup? Don't you know you could rip that out and sell just the seat for that price"?!
It didn't work.

My left ear is about a centimetre lower than my right.
But that's probably not so weird, most people are asymmetric.

When I was little I loathed onion with a passion and found that the inch wide rim of our Arabia Ruska dinner plates (helpfully illustrated below for the non-cognoscenti of Arabia Ware)


were a perfect receptacle for allllll the little bits of onion hiding in the dinner, especially if evenly spaced forming a ring all the way around.

Ok, kgirl..you're up.










5 Comments:

Blogger Little Snoring said...

I love your weirdness... made me laugh (in a nice way), especially the evenly spaced bits of onion!

19 February 2007 at 2:09 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

now that's just mean! Just when I thought I'd escaped it all...

19 February 2007 at 10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdness makes the world interesting! That's a beautiful chair. BTW, thanks for the compliment regarding my tunic. It's not for me either, it's for a shop.

Sometimes, I look at the shape of my dressform and sigh. :)

20 February 2007 at 1:21 pm  
Blogger Madge said...

What's normal?!

Good onion hiding trick...myself, I still pick onion bits out of my food. And I haven't eaten brussel sprouts in over 30 years, either. (shudder)

21 February 2007 at 6:00 am  
Blogger bugheart said...

i always wanted
to name
my daughter
(if i get around
to having one)
carson
after one
of my favorite
authors...
yep,
carson
mcCullers...

i grew up
with monty
python
and often make
jokes
that you
cannot truly
understand
conversations
in my family
unless you
are well-versed
in the pythons.

you may be
my long
lost
australian
sister.
;)

. . . . .
check out
uniform studio's
post on vessel
wednesday!!!

22 February 2007 at 1:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home