12.1.07

Friday Purples


Clockwise from top left to right:
Garlic. I love the shibori-dyed look of the skin/ Sprig of Wisteria, very out-of-season and found on the footpath near my house/ Clog with my (big) foot for scale, this is a clog for giants!/ The liriope is coming in to flower finally.


Some of you have commended me on my sticking power and tenacity in the clog department. Well, you are too kind.
Truth is that while I have inherited some (quite a bit) of obduracy from my grandfather (the original stubborn old goat), I think it's from years of building scale models for sets with all the necessary adjustments, amendments, improvements, experiements (I think that's enough ents for one post), doing and re-doing involved.
That I've just come to accept that as part of the process.
In fact in an almost perverse way I relish it as an opportunity to improve on the previous.

Or maybe it's just because it gives me a sense of order in a random universe (Bill Bryson's influence again...can I just say that particle physics is rockin my world? Almost quite literally)!






4 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

Omg that clog is freakishly huge!! Felting is magic.

12 January 2007 at 1:33 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

love that clog photo! Here's to success with shrinkage!

12 January 2007 at 3:47 pm  
Blogger AmberCake said...

The clogs are insane. But as you point out, not as insane as scale model construction. I didn't even have to have any moving parts, but that was the ONLY part of college for which all-nighters were pulled. So many all-nighters. For finals week, the thing was due on a Friday, and I think I got 7 or 9 hours of sleep from Sunday to Friday, mostly as two hour naps before I took the four written exams I had that week.

You will definitely win with the clogs.

And yes, that garlic is really awesome.

13 January 2007 at 3:49 am  
Blogger Jesse said...

A willingness to undo and redo seems to be an important ingredient in almost every project I attempt.... I think you're right, it's simply part of the process!

15 January 2007 at 6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home