19.12.06

Neat n Orderly


Neat n orderly desk



Neat n orderly pile o knitting



Not.



The curiously clever clog was going swimmingly until reaching an impasse of bafflement.

I was up to the part where I had to simultaneously cast off the edge of the outer sole whilst simultaneously attaching to purl bumps of the upper sole.
Now, I like to think I'm reasonably adept at solving technical problems, but this just has me stumped for about 2 nights in a row. In the end I just frogged the whole damn outer sole back to the upper. Clearly these are not going to be ready for xmas.

On the up side our bathtub is now so dazzling white you have to wear sunglasses when entering the bathroom.

3 Comments:

Blogger M-H said...

Benda Dayne at Cast-On has podcast quite amusingly about problems with these clogs - at least I'm assuming they're the same ones - the Fibertrends one.

19 December 2006 at 11:13 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh frustrating. I'm no help as I've never knit clogs. You'll work it out--and there's still a whole week to Xmas!

19 December 2006 at 12:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My problem with the clogs was picking up the purl bumps, half the time I wasn't sure which bumbs she was talking about. I finally counted the number of stitches the pattern wanted me to pick up and then counted and marked the corresponding purl bumps on the upper sole. Mostly I just winged it. Did you check out Indigo Muse's website? She posted quite a bit of information about her experience with the pattern.

19 December 2006 at 2:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home