2.11.06

Taking a wee break from the micro-millimetre universe


There's nothing about the giddy, exhausted aftermath of intense play-reading, back to back lesson-planning, concept-spoon-feeding and power-teaching that a lovely evening, a glass of Western Australian semillon, some stuffed olives and a few rows of K1P1 rib on circulars can't fix almost instantly.

And that certifiably makes me a member of the "caffe-latte-drinking elite" that is the target of so much of John Howard's hate-rhetoric these days... but I digress...

So after all the model making and knitting on skewer-size needles,
I’m feeling the need to do a summer top in an unlikely yarn.

Something fast.
Something highly textured and richly coloured. Hell, if it’s good enough for Stephanie Japel, it’s good enough for me.
So I’m doing Bonne Marie Burns’ ChicKami in a blood red 12ply merino-blend boucle
After Zephyr, this stuff knits up like lightning.
It's in the “That’s so crazy it might just work”! territory.
Then again I could look like a Muppet.
At first, I thought that was a risk willing to take.

But now I'm pretty sure I'm not liking this yarn so much. The colour's not quite rich enough and the nubliness of the yarn, I suspect, will indeed be too muppet-like.

Finally, a major N'OOR* alert for all the dog lovers out there.

* Onomatopoeic. Involuntary sound provoked by exposure to canine cuteness.


3 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

That is a major N'oor (love that!) and I'm even a cat person.
I think you need to show us the blood red boucle...
Re the needlebook, I'm sure you are right re the font. Didn't think of that...

2 November 2006 at 1:02 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

puppybuttpuppybuttpuppybutt. SO. CUTE.

Also, latte-drinking elite? Sign me up.

2 November 2006 at 1:29 pm  
Blogger Carson said...

Wendy, I'm truly honoured you visited my humble lil' blog!
Thanks for the Cascade yarn tip...lycra content! why didn't I think of that?

3 November 2006 at 8:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home