21.11.06

stuff and nonsense



Gentle section blocked | The view from where I type.



"
Two rows of garter at the end of every row" indeed...sometimes obduracy pays off;
rather than rip and work a garter border (which to my mind seemed an incongruously heavy resolution of an essentially airy piece), I stubbornly blocked a section of Gentle to see what would happen.

I think it's absolutely fine.

To paraphrase Ashley & knitting philistine; all part of its inherent undulating charm... thanks gels*!

* That's with a hard 'g' as in golly gosh, St Trinians, jolly hockey sticks and all that...
not the stuff we used to put in our hair in the 80's... or was that just me?




8 Comments:

Blogger knittingphilistine said...

I second that *absolutely fine.*

21 November 2006 at 10:52 am  
Blogger Rose Red said...

A garter stitch edge would be a bit clunky - I think this looks great as is.

21 November 2006 at 11:45 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Oh yeah. You're good.

21 November 2006 at 1:34 pm  
Blogger M-H said...

Looks great.

21 November 2006 at 2:36 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

Frog? Rip? Block? I have no idea what you're talking about on this blog most of the time, but I keep reading more, and I think Gentle (G like Gillian Welch?)looks lovely!

21 November 2006 at 5:31 pm  
Blogger Heather Moore said...

Frog? Rip? Block? I have no idea what you're talking about on this blog most of the time, but I keep reading more, and I think Gentle (G like Gillian Welch?)looks lovely!

21 November 2006 at 5:31 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

Gentle is so...well, just that.. gentle. Just lovely, Carson - well done on trusting your instincts and not ripping

21 November 2006 at 10:36 pm  
Blogger bugheart said...

it did turn
out lovely!
and
i used gel
in the 80s-
how else was
i to get it
all to stand up
like
david bowie?

22 November 2006 at 12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home