30.10.06

Post Kid Post

I was reading Melanoma uberalis this morning; she's posted a "Are you ready for Children"? mock-quiz.

I thought I'd seen it before, then I realised we got something similar in the documentation that came from Scout's breeder (yes, Scout came complete with Instruction Manual: a mix of certificates, helpful hints and light entertainment to get us through the sleepless nights of house-training).

Are you ready to adopt a Stafford?

Little did we know in our sleep-deprived stupor that this was more along the lines of a fact-sheet rather than humour.

The Goat's nephews and nieces (all aged under 5) visited on the weekend.
The Goat did a lot of cooking.
Needles Edge did a lot of cleaning up.

A lot of chairs were moved around.
And moved again.
Scout had to pretend to be a hippo.
For a few hours.
The whole family is a little...
tired now.

No knitting.









3 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

poor Scout! puppy is not a toy (or a hippo!) much rest and recouperation all round I'm guessing?

30 October 2006 at 7:14 pm  
Blogger Ashley said...

I really, really want to snorgle sleepy Scout. Bailey adores children and is never exhausted by them. I on the other hand fall asleep after about 5 minutes.

31 October 2006 at 1:31 am  
Blogger Jesse said...

Dog... hippo.... of course! Why have I never thought of that? (Poor puppy).

2 November 2006 at 5:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home