12.10.06

Meanwhile, 35 Years Later

October 1971.

I don't remember actually choosing this outfit.
I don't think I was allowed to exert my free will via clothing choices until a couple of years after this photo was taken. But check those orange lacy stockings! I do remember those.

Strangely, I'm still a fan of Late 60s - Early 70s Orange.

I say strangely because for example, I've only just recently been able to appreciate jazz as an adult, having always had fairly strong negative associations with it being around midnight, still being grumpily awake on a schoolnight, and still not having done my homework.


Likewise, I was surrounded by a lot of orange, mostly of the heavy lumpen scando-germanic-ceramic variety.





I think Late 60s Burnt Orange was finally redeemed, however, by our Fiat 850.

I still remember the colour of the duco, the highly polished timber steeling wheel and the perforated black leather upholstery with some fondness.




> Is there a single childhood photo where I'm not clutching a dog?


The Goat understands my penchant for 60s Orange and so my beeday ( or should that be bidet) card is very appropriate. It looks just like a swatch of 60s Laminex.














9 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

It's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Best best wishes for a wonderful day and year ahead.

I have similar childhood pictures of me too, in many of which I am clutching a cat (who may or may not be struggling to get away...)

Somewhat strangely to me, I've become a fan of orange recently too.

12 October 2006 at 11:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, happy bidet, darn it.
t + m

12 October 2006 at 11:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad I could be of service! It really does my heart good to know that I caused belly laughing, giggling, and snorting. Nothing makes me happier.

Thanks for getting in touch, I truly appreciate it!

Debbie

13 October 2006 at 9:22 am  
Blogger Carson said...

awww
thanks

13 October 2006 at 11:51 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

HAppy birthday! (If a bit belated.) All good photos have someone snorgling a dog in them.

13 October 2006 at 12:09 pm  
Blogger Carson said...

"Snorgling" !!
Love it.

13 October 2006 at 12:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carson!!! I hope it was a great one!

13 October 2006 at 2:02 pm  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

I love the colour of the photos from the 70's - also a "child-of" myself. I'd love to do some paintings reflecting this. Hope you had a hippy barthday - thanks for your advice on my sock yarn dilema too!

17 October 2006 at 6:52 pm  
Blogger not in use said...

Burnt orange! The exact colour of our lounge room walls when I was a little tyke. Matched the orange smartie exactly - I can remember comparing the 2. Of course, now I worry that Cadbury's have changed their orange smartie colour and I'm living with a corrupted memory.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the other day!

18 October 2006 at 6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home