25.9.06

Show us yer knittin'!!

So..
you may have noticed there's been scant actual knitting going on around Needle's Edge of late.

And there I was thinking that my stalling and stalling and posting random visual distractions was working!


But no...it's true, you've seen right through my ruse.

And how can any self-respecting knitting blog call itself that if there's nuthin on the needles kiddo?

Well..it's just that I'm waiting and waiting "fixin to bust" as they say, for my Jaggerspun Zephyr to arrive (purchased from the lovely and funny Jennifer at vanCalcar Acres Farm - where incidentally you can Rent-a-Sheep!- Love the idea of getting regular updates on one's sponsored sheep, and even a pound o' yarn from them to boot! Very entrepeneurial, and gives city-slickers a way to vicariously experience the joys of rural life without the early rising, the back-breaking labour and the bank overdrafts).

So once that is here, I can finally get started on the Vintage V-neck. At least I've got as far as transposing the pattern from Kitchener Bitch's site into a usable document... working out my size versus the vintage sizing is the next task... it's amazing just how tiny women (and men for that matter) were even then..a relatively short time ago.


She also needs a name. "V-neck blouse" is so uninspiringly prosaic, "Miss 1946" makes me think of Victory Sashes (and Victory Rolls). Then I thought of calling her "Maria" after the actor it reminds me of but not only am I not Catholic, I'm atheist, and somehow that doesn't seem right.

And Sydney's climate is quite similar to Los Angeles, and I have to agree with Wendy on the questionable sanity of knitting even a short-sleeve sweater for our increasingly hot days. Hope springs eternal though...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rose Red said...

This is probably too obvious (and perhaps a bit wrong for vintage) but I'd be going for Elvira.

26 September 2006 at 8:27 am  
Blogger Carson said...

Hmm..there's food for thought.

26 September 2006 at 9:14 am  
Blogger Ashley said...

Nothing makes me think of the 40s as vividly as Graham Greene's The End of the Affair, so I nominate Bendrix for your sweater: handsome and maddening, which any sweater knit out of Zephyr is likely to be.

26 September 2006 at 9:48 am  
Blogger Carson said...

handsome and maddening?
well my interest is piqued already, thanks.

27 September 2006 at 9:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home